Thursday, January 12, 2012

Snow Day

It's been unseasonably warm for Chicago, and I'm not going to complain. Today, the midwest is getting it's first covering of snow. Of course, this meant the kids were going CRAZY!  Plus, it drives me nuts how long it takes them to get ready into their snow gear. Put anywhoo, I was expecting this today because of all the hype from the media:

 Me on Michigan Avenue during the blizzard
And yet again, myself  on the closed Lake Shore Drive


But it wasn't. Not going to lie, the drive home from the the suburbs to the city was quicker than a normal, but I could use a snow day tomorrow. I'm beat from the first four days back!
But back to the kids, one of the things I've done over the years on snowy days is have them have a snowball fight. They hide behind a desk, and take a minute to build and pack their own snowballs, and then for 30 seconds, we have a snowball fight. Best part - it's silent. It gets all the giggles and squirms out of the kids, and they have a ball. Try it. It's great. Trust me (plus you don't get wet!).

How do you keep your kiddo's engaged during "snow"?

No comments:

Post a Comment