Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Getting ready for conferences!

It's hard to believe it's already time for conferences. I don't know about you, but I love conferences!  A few years ago our Fall conferences were moved from November (around Thanksgiving) to now (around Columbus Day). It was a hard change, but it's totally worth it. These conferences allow me to build a better relationship with all the parents after the parent night and other opportunities in between since late August.

Preparing for conferences used to be a struggle, but I've found some tools to help. I keep my notes all on my computer. I have a tablet that I can use in the classroom so I use Microsoft One Note to take all my ancedotal notes everyday. It makes it easy to plan and to be prepared for conferences. Sometimes I'll still plan a conference sheet with strengths and goals for my tough kiddos. 

https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&pid=explorer&chrome=true&srcid=0B7NOKXK0PiuyZGFmNjE5OTYtYjA3NC00Y2Y1LWEwODAtMTkzNjU2MWMwMzAx&hl=en_US

(I'm new to this... I'm trying to figure out how to upload pics and docs!)

While parents are waiting I have the class books out for the students to read and I also have the parent write their child a note of encouragment.   The kids love getting them the next school day.

https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&pid=explorer&chrome=true&srcid=0B7NOKXK0PiuyY2Y1NTkzMmMtMDM0Ni00Y2NhLWFlNWQtZWZjNTExZjIwNzZm&hl=en_US

I'll take pictures of my set up... complete with kleenex, mints, flowers, and a new air freshner! (I once worked at a school that they lit candles! No joke!)

How do you prepare for conferences?

No comments:

Post a Comment